New Jersey Digital Readiness for Learning and Assessment Project (DRLAP) – Broadband Component
The New Jersey Broadband Component of the DRLAP created regional purchasing consortia for telecommunications services to help schools collaborate in order to bring down the cost of high speed broadband services as of July 1, 2015.
The project executed regional procurements for upgraded broadband services that did:
- Lower costs for Internet Services
- Offer basic Internet Service (up to 100 Mbps) and high speed (over 100 Mbps)
Need more information?
- Please download the full report and/or the executive summary report
- Also, you can read these memos from the NJDOE November 25 and December 9.
- Please read the September 30, 2014 update memo here.
- You can view the May 28 informational Webinar here.
Please contact MRESC at: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information and documentation is available below:
What and Why – the Broadband Consortia initiative and how it can help schools purchase better Internet access
- Consortium Procurement FAQs (PDF)
- FAQs about Regional WAN (PDF)
- Better Broadband FAQs (.docx file)
- Broadband consortia memo (May 20) (PDF)
- DRLAP Broadband Operations Cycle (PDF)
- DRLAP Broadband Project Timeline for Schools (PDF)
- Regional Consortium Analysis (PDF)
- School Kickoff Meetings (PDF)
- Why Consortium Procurement? (PDF)
- Regional Procurement Map (PDF)
- Request for Information – NJ DRLAP – Broadband (PDF)