Broadband Consortia Project
New Jersey Digital Readiness for Learning and Assessment Project (DRLAP) – Broadband Component
The New Jersey Broadband Component of the DRLAP will create regional purchasing consortia for telecommunications services to help schools collaborate in order to bring down the cost of high speed broadband services as of July 1, 2015.
The project will execute regional procurements for upgraded broadband services that will:
- Lower costs for Internet Services
- Offer basic Internet Service (up to 100 Mbps) and high speed (over 100 Mbps)
- Establishing a statewide Wide Area Network (WAN) through regional consortia for Internet Services as well as for other services
Need more information?
- Please go to the MRESC Broadband page
- Also, you can read these memos from the NJDOE November 25 and December 9.
- Please read the September 30, 2014 update memo here.
- You can view the May 28 informational Webinar here.
Please contact MRESC at: email@example.com
More information and documentation is available below:
What and Why – the Broadband Consortia initiative and how it can help schools purchase better Internet access
- Consortium Procurement FAQs (PDF)
- FAQs about Regional WAN (PDF)
- Better Broadband FAQs (.docx file)
- Broadband consortia memo (May 20) (PDF)
- DRLAP Broadband Operations Cycle (PDF)
- DRLAP Broadband Project Timeline for Schools (PDF)
- Regional Consortium Analysis (PDF)
- School Kickoff Meetings (PDF)
- Why Consortium Procurement? (PDF)
- Regional Procurement Map (PDF)
- Request for Information – NJ DRLAP – Broadband (PDF)
Regionalized information and documentation is available at the following locations:
- Bergen County Technical Schools at http://drlap.bergen.org
- Educational Information Resource and Resource Center at http://eirctech.org/services/broadband-consortium
- Middlesex Regional Educational Services Commission – http://www.mresc.k12.nj.us/pages/Middlesex_Regional/News/DRLAP_Broadband_Component